Mercy Corps is a number one world group powered by the idea that a greater world is feasible. In catastrophe, in hardship, in additional than 40 international locations world wide, we companion to place daring options into motion serving to folks conquer adversity and construct stronger communities from inside. Now, and for the longer term. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has labored since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent ladies’ empowerment, financial growth, battle mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Liaison and Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Program / Division Abstract
- Mercy Corps Nigeria implements quite a lot of applications with the final word purpose of constructing productive, safe and simply communities. The group’s applications are carried out in twelve states, primarily in North West and North East Nigeria and Lagos.
- Our work covers the next sectors: financial growth, livelihoods/meals safety, adolescent ladies & boys empowerment, monetary resilience, battle mitigation and humanitarian response. Widespread themes embrace neighborhood engagement, inclusive growth, gender, and dealing in partnership with native authorities, the non-public sector and civil society actors
Normal Place Abstract
- Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the liaison officer shall be answerable for the coverage evaluation and strategic planning assist required by the crew inside the geographical locale through which operations are located.
- The liaison officer is answerable for supporting the general strategic planning with the sphere SMT and can ship common stories, briefing papers, key messages or place papers as required. The place joint messaging on behalf of the SMT is both unproductive or unattainable, the post-holder will goal to facilitate and assist joint works via “coalitions of the keen.”
- The post-holder will likewise be answerable for outreach and coordination to native NGO networks to assist coordinated engagement work inside the related geographical locale.
Important Job Capabilities
- At the side of related inside focal individuals, monitor the safety surroundings inside the designated geographical space with specific deal with program areas of operations. Work will embrace however not be restricted to staying knowledgeable (via media, social media, contacts, and so on.) concerning the security and safety scenario in Southern Borno on every day foundation.
- Confirm acquired data via secondary sources.
- Preserve common contact with area workers about safety scenario of their respective assigned geographical space.
- Alongside the related operational focal folks, be certain that related workers members perceive and are in a position to make use of this tools, together with radios, satellite tv for pc telephones, hearth extinguishers, and so on via common coaching and orientations for brand spanking new staffs.
- Alongside with the related operational focal folks, conduct complete safety/danger evaluation in potential new program/area websites in Southern Borno and its area workplaces.
- Work with the related program and operational focal folks in addition to the Workforce Chief, on neighborhood acceptance messaging and different operational methods within the space of operations in Southern Borno.
- Present required periodic security updates (every day stories, incident stories, conferences abstract and so on.) to related MCN Workers to allow them to higher plan their work.
- Evaluate the weekly/every day motion of workers within the area and supply on-time and actual time recommendation for program and operational actions ongoing inside the area
- Monitor car actions the place and when required till the protected arrival of workers/contract employees to their remaining vacation spot.
- Present preliminary evaluation of related safety growth and talk them to MC Senior Administration Workforce
- Be available always to the Operations Supervisor, Workforce Chief and area workers to recommendation on safety developments.
- Keep abreast of political developments and humanitarian traits in Nigeria, with an emphasis on the humanitarian disaster within the NE, informing SMT members the place related.
- Develop a calendar of upcoming foyer alternatives to be tapped into.
- Liaise with leads from related worldwide coordination constructions
- Interact with peace constructing and resilience working teams, via calling for conferences, drafting action-oriented assembly notes, assist in sourcing for presenters and growing agenda for the conferences.
- Guarantee collaboration with the OCHA-chaired Humanitarian Communications Working Group.
- Making certain adequate capability and information to assist coverage evaluation and strategic planning across the humanitarian structure and operational points.
- Collaborate with the Operations Supervisor and Workforce Chief to behave as official consultant at conferences with exterior engagement targets.
- Establish and liaise with exterior companions
- Each day Danger Scores per location
- Month-to-month Go / No-Go for key roads and districts
- Incident Stories and Incident Log – at all times updated
- Advise and put together documented SOPs for journey in all areas together with routes, roads, climate, stop-overs, check-in and turn-around timings.
- Preserve common contact with area workers about safety scenario of their respective areas.
- Request and Evaluate the weekly/every day motion of workers within the area, and supply rapid recommendation in instances of workers planning to go to a harmful space. Preserve a whiteboard of all workers actions.
- Conduct security and highway checks every day and previous to any actions. Will suggest approval for journey.
- Present post-incident evaluation for senior administration.
- Danger Evaluation – quarterly minimal
- Flash Stories – rapid dissemination of vital incidents in our space of labor
- Weekly safety temporary to be shared with all related workers, together with the North east program director, operations director, operational heads, program managers and safety administration crew.
- Operational Safety
- Conduct safety assessments of MCN websites and determine protected havens, checkpoints and different key components vital to our protected operations and contingency plans in NE. Will lead a Danger Evaluation course of that’s inclusive and consists of danger mitigation measures and methods.
- Assist with preparations of area visits.
Finance & Compliance Administration:
- Guarantee compliance with donor and Mercy Corps rules associated to emergency programming.
- Guarantee compliance with all Mercy Corps finance regulation in finishing up actions as a Driver
Affect & Illustration:
- Establish, construct and handle collaborative partnerships with consortium companions, sub-grantees, donors, native governments and different stakeholders.
- Talk successfully to make sure total mission targets and donor obligations are met.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps crew members are anticipated to assist all efforts towards accountability, particularly to our beneficiaries and to worldwide requirements guiding worldwide aid and growth work, whereas actively participating beneficiary communities as equal companions within the design, monitoring and analysis of our area tasks.
- Stories Immediately To: Operations Supervisor
- Works Immediately With: Program Groups, Subject Safety Administration Workforce, Operations Workers
Data and Expertise
- Superior college diploma in associated area
- Related work expertise in coverage evaluation, affect, strategic planning, communications, analysis, media, information gathering and/or data administration
- Demonstrated capability to develop and implement methods with clear theories of change
- Wonderful writing, enhancing and analytical expertise and skill to formulate well-targeted strategic paperwork
- Efficient expertise in coordination, group and prioritization in addition to in Microsoft Workplace purposes.
- Demonstrated attentions to element, capability to comply with procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively with crew members.
- Expertise dwelling and dealing in Nigeria, and expertise within the Northeast most popular.
- Data of Mercy Corps programs and procedures extremely fascinating.
- English proficiency required; wonderful written and oral expertise.
- Capacity to talk Hausa or Kanuri and another North East native languages (desired however not important)
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced and infrequently demanding surroundings
- Fluency in English required, with demonstrated writing expertise
- Laptop literacy in utilizing Microsoft Workplace and e mail/web.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced emergencies, associated safety considerations, and acceptable responses to such emergencies. Good context evaluation expertise.
- Wonderful negotiation and illustration expertise and the flexibility to work comfortably with an ethnically numerous workers in a really delicate surroundings.
- Crucial to this job is the flexibility to hold out liaison & networking actions, suppose critically, preserve abreast of safety conditions inside risky terrains, work out strategies to ship profitable applications, be capable of adjust to Mercy Corps and donor rules whereas sustaining robust cooperative relationships with different departments.
- The profitable candidate may have the flexibility to work together successfully with nationwide and worldwide workers members and show capability to multi-task, meet deadlines and supply related recommendation and assist in a fluid safety surroundings.
- The candidate will even have to have the ability to show a excessive diploma of professionalism and should be capable of dwell and work intently with a various crew of people in a extremely intense surroundings.
- Mercy Corps Workforce members characterize the company each throughout and out of doors of labor hours when deployed in a area posting or on a go to/TDY to a area posting. Workforce members are anticipated to conduct themselves in knowledgeable method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and Mercy Corps’ insurance policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
Easy methods to Apply
and certified candidates ought to submit their CV’s and Cowl Letter in a single doc, addressing the place necessities to: email@example.com
Drop off Software in a sealed envelope with the place boldly written to:
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
No.6 Extension 111 Gambole Street,
Reverse Capital Faculty, Previous GRA,
- All purposes should embrace the place title within the topic line and shouldn’t be greater than four pages.
- Please be aware that solely short-listed candidates shall be contacted for interview and we’re an equal alternative group so ladies are strongly inspired to use for this place
Software Deadline 30th January